Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Nick Jonas's diabetes

Nick Jonas was just 13 years old when he was diabetes. he dropped to 95 lbs, drinking a lot of water, using the bathroom a lot and was very cranky. when he got diagnosed his blood sugar was close to 800 and was close to a coma (days away). low blood sugar is you faint. high blood sugar is more time to react. it was a miracle Nick didn't lose his vision in the 2 or 3 weeks of having diabetes without knowing it. my friend didn't want me pushed out and Nick didn't want it either. i have an awesome team. people will wonder what I'm doing but they won't interfere with what I'm doing. some people don't know what I'm doing but people are nice. there IS an embrace of the diabetic community. someone said my glucometer looked like a cellphone case but up close she knows what it was. my schoolmates and teammates were very concerned with what was wrong. luckily Nick said there is an embrace of the diabetic community and they are totally right. Nick and i have great support teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment