Wednesday, October 8, 2014

1st base

i played first base senior year of high school. i hated it since I'm the only lefty and had it foisted upon me. i got hit 4 times in 1 game and was like the team captain for the game. this 1 kid walked up to me and started talking to me about fumbling the ball. honestly we were only 5 runs ahead so i didn't think it was that important to fumble the ball. the 1st time i played 1st base i taught my preschoolers how to play bocce ball. so i was partially tired. and then had to play softball? oh come on what next? that time my teammates threw me the ball and i was essentially parallel with the floor. i caught it was everyone was like, "good job" to the point of me saying, "good grief" which is my code words for shut it. (i used those code words on my birthday as well.) the time i got hit 4 times was the senior game and i was in the zone and got hit on the shoulder, chest, hand and ear. not fun. least i caught it. that is one of the only times in school I've shown off my high tolerance for pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment