Tuesday, June 19, 2018

My stance for LGBT marriage

When I 1st heard about gay marriage and gay people existed it was like, “ok.” I was like, “that’s not me and I think its OK.” Many people in this generation see LGBT marriage and being transgender as something that’s might not for us (meaning we aren’t gay but our friends and family might be and don’t want to hurt them). In the bible Matthew 7:1, 2 say “Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.” Sometimes it is quoted in harmony with John 8:7, where Jesus told the religious leaders (in connection with the adulterous woman) ‘let the one among you without sin cast the first stone.’ I don’t think it’s fair to say they’re right and they’re not if were looking at the same holy book (bible, Torah, Talmud, Quran) and we get different things from it. I’m not alone. More Muslims in America accept LGBT people and gay marriage than white evangelicals. Many younger Christians are on the Muslims and what I call “the correct side.”

No comments:

Post a Comment