Thursday, June 14, 2018

My grandfather’s passing

Last December I nearly got a temple recommend but I got sidetracked by my exams, family stuff (vacation mostly), and the holidays and most unfortunately, my paternal grandfather’s passing. I had a hard time with it as did my brothers. I’d gotten a priesthood blessing the day before but it was hard seeing my grandpa there in the ER basically dead. Whenever I think about it I’m still sad over it. My brother and I visited him for the last time and he tried getting me to take his name to the temple and do a posthumous baptism for him. I said I had to ask my uncle for permission and it was rejected. Luckily my grandfather didn’t leave me quite after his death. On the way to the graveside service we passed the temple in Kensington.

No comments:

Post a Comment