Friday, June 1, 2018

a "novel" i'm working on

So I’ve made tons of friends several ways. I’ve made them: at church, hanging out living my daily life and being me. I’ve met them at college, Starbucks, dunkin donuts, at the library and all the other places I like “hanging out at.” Once I made a friend by sharing a cookie I’d bought. Coffee and cookies go amazingly together. The ways I make friends are impressive. I’ve had people sit with me at Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, and the library. I’m the eldest and only girl of 4 kids. I have 3 younger brothers. The eldest wasn’t 100% confident until he turned 19. I helped out as much as I could but then I had to have my brother “go it alone.” I’m 1 of 2 kids who are left handed. My baby (youngest) brother and I are left handed. The 2 “middle” brothers are right handed. My parents are right handed and so are my maternal family and my paternal aunt. My paternal uncle is left handed. My family had several health issues such as: scoliosis, type 2 diabetes, asthma, bad eye sight and I also suffer severe muscle spasms and uneven legs from my scoliosis. My brother Michael and dad have asthma. My muscle spasms are preventing me from driving. I’d have to be checked out to make sure I can drive. I’m half Chinese American. My dad’s parents immigrated here 60+ years ago as students and then had my dad to stay here. Weirdly my parents decided not to have my brothers do Chinese school. Interestingly someone thought I was a part of Chinese school despite me not understanding a whole lot of Chinese or looking a lot like an Asian person should be. When I mention something about Chinese people thought I’m a part of the Chinese ward but nope. I barely understand Chinese and was occasionally invited there because of the last name. I went to a Chinese Christmas party and could understand a little bit because of the English. I’m super nearsighted without my glasses. Once when I was out with a friend he asked me how blind I am without my glasses. He noticed I’m blind without my glasses. Not even sure how he knows I can’t see without my glasses but I’m guessing he rarely saw me without my glasses so I’m guessing he knows I’m super nearsighted. I can see basic shape of where someone was and I can see color of people: like their skin color, hair color, what color their clothes are but I can’t see their eye color and other small details like their tie (if they were wearing 1). I’m super nearsighted since I’m unable to see without my glasses. My eyes aren’t as good without my glasses but I can read and still see somewhat. I often forget how to clean my glasses. I’m unable to see without my glasses but since I forget to clean my glasses it doesn’t matter if I can see or not. Once a friend saw me and I forget to clean my glasses I wasn’t 100% able to see him. I cleaned my glasses and saw him. I suffer scoliosis. I’m occasionally in pain. I sometimes need tons of pain killers. Strong ones at that since it are REALLY painful. The bones in my ribs are uneven. My endocrinologist knows about my back and felt my back when I was at my last endocrinologist appointment. My scoliosis has affected me a lot. I usually tie my self-esteem and self-confidence to: is my back hurting? What can’t I do because of my back? Can I do the normal things I usually do with my back? My mom frequently comments on my hair calling it pretty. When I have my hair cut short it’s awesome. It’s ok when it’s longer but I love it short. I have dyed it twice. Whenever I dyed it’s becomes blonde. When it dyed my hair was black at the root and white blonde at the tip. I love my hair as long as it was. I have side bangs. Whenever I do something with my hair it’s usually interesting. From braiding it to purring it into a bun I love doing it. I have 3 brothers. They’re annoying but I usually mention them at church. My parents nearly gave me a sister until I had a 3rd brother. What’s hilarious is when I mention my brothers I never say my brother’s name. Also whenever I mention my family at church I usually mention my brothers 85% more than my parents and the rest of my family (uncles, cousins, aunts etc.). I find it funny when I mention my brother and say, “my brother, my brother, my brother, my brother, my brother, my brother, my brother, my brother, my mom, my dad, my aunt Jacquie.” It’s kind of funny how many times I mention my brothers but never say their names. I love reading. My favorite ones are forensic science stuff. I love reading about serial killers. My 2 serial killer books I have are written by Ann Rule, which I love. I have books on Gary Ridgway, Ted Bundy, Christine Paolila and others which are mostly fiction forensic science stuff. I also love reading pretty little liars and harry potter. They’re awesome. I occasionally read my LDS (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) stuff but I prefer the videos. Some of my hobbies include: reading, watching and making YouTube videos, knitting and crocheting, skateboarding and doing ASL. I also like playing on my computer, watching TV and being with my brothers and family. My mom’s not in favor of me skateboarding but I love it since it’s an intense work out. I also dance frequently. I love being athletic. My family isn’t into dancing as I am but luckily my back helps So I started college in the fall of 2013 as an ASL major. It was something I wanted to get into since my dad said I could use it to pay my way thru college but it became a major. I love ASL and can understand but I’m not fluent in these languages: Spanish, French, ASL, Chinese and Japanese. I’m fluent only in English since it’s my primary language. My grandpa used to joke if I was fluent in English I shouldn’t fail English in college. What I do out of class are making YouTube videos, watching YouTube videos, knitting and crocheting, studying, drinking coffee, being with my family, skateboarding and having fun. My friends some times are into the things I like. Sometimes I’m with Mormons but usually I’m not. Sometimes I’ll get coffee and study at the same time. Caffeine will help me study. Other things I like doing are: going to the library, reading and having sushi. So I joined about 2 years ago. I started fellowshipping 15 months prior. I once asked my dad if he wanted me to go to an LDS event and he said yes. I decided to go since I don’t go out much and he rarely asks me to go do stuff. It helped me with public speaking with me baring my testimony and giving a talk. It was awesome. I’ve made so many friends from the church. I’ve had so much fun with the parties and game nights and hanging out with other people. I’ve hung out with other people and gotten sushi and stuff I love. What’s interesting is that I got a blessing and then the next night I found out my grandfather was in the hospital. I’d gotten another 1 a few weeks ago for my anxiety (the last 2 have been for anxiety over exams) and I was grateful for them. Once I went to game night and laughed until I nearly puked. I was in the group picture. I had to go to another ward because of my mom being out of state. So a weekend after that the elders were happy I’m at the singles ward. The other day I went to the ward my dad takes me to and I was able to help out since I was there. It was nice to be of help. I usually tell them, “give me something to do unless you want me playing on my phone on my iTunes app store.” I opened the door several times, made sure it works and was happy to help out. My favorite foods are: curry, sushi, wraps, Chinese and tons of other things. I love tons of food. I am interesting since I don’t have a favorite food. Once I had a donut and coffee and kids were looking at me since they thought they wanted more food. They liked chocolate. I make food since I’m a flexitarian. I like food since I’m into Chinese food since I’m half Chinese and love it. My friends are into Chinese since they liked it. My friend and I went to Chinese food. He and I got sushi. After he and I had sushi breathes. I’d been pretty quiet since I was thinking about my grandpa. I tried making my friend eat with his left hand. That was funny since he nearly failed. I can as long as I concentrate and then it’ll get easier as I practice. Since I’m a flexitarian I’ve got to make my own stuff. My family doesn’t always make me food that fits into my diet plan. I’ve recently got into almond milk. I got dark chocolate almond milk. It’s awesome and very rarely can you mess up chocolate milk (even if its soy milk).I make tons of good food. Things I usually make are vegetarian and vegan because of my dietary restrictions due to my muscle spasms, which are now in control since my back is in better shape. I love vegetarian foods and my aunt says we can make experimented things so long as we don’t eat the whole experiment since it could be high in: calories, sugar, fat and not good things. I love making vegan cookie dough which is amazing since I love it; it falls into my dietary plan and is sweet. My grandpa passed away unexpectedly last December. He fell in the shower and he fell into a coma. My family was devastated. I had gotten a blessing the night before and I was still devastated. The day he passed away I was forced to go to church my mom saying “I needed this,” and then being forced to watch the Christmas devotional since I needed it as well. Though I was still crying afterwards I told my mom, “Thanks for making me do this.” The day before my grandfather passed away I’d argued with my brother about doing a posthumous baptism for my grandfather. I said absolutely not since I didn’t want to offend my family but then caved in saying, “I’d see.” As I expected when I asked my uncle, who was on the lawyer’s contact list so I figured he’d know best so I asked him. My uncle declined the offer for me to submit my grandfather’s name to the church’s genealogy and the posthumous baptism records. I don’t know how I knew they wouldn’t go for it but I guessed. Sometimes I scream since I’m usually loud. Once I screamed since I had the Holy Spirit with me leading me to read something I wasn’t expecting. My mom had done something in Florida for my grandfather and read the Lord’s Prayer. Later I read it in the book of Mormon I had on me. I didn’t tell my mom and haven’t to this day since I’m not sure how it’ll go down. That’s not the only time the Holy Spirit was with me. Once I was suggested not to get a henna tattoo because I’d get interrupted. 10 minutes later I was being dragged away because my brother called saying we were going out and to come home. So I’ve been able to do amazing dancing since I was a little kid. I’ve also got scoliosis and have hypermobility since I suffer scoliosis. It’s awesome. My mom doesn’t believe me when I say I’ve got hypermobility and can dance amazingly. Although a ton of people would believe me. What’s crazy is my family can’t see it. I’m flexible and can put my legs on counters nearly parallel with my hip. My friends have told me I’m so pretty and I’m not stupid (I’ve seen at least a couple people have crushes on me) but I’ve not had an official boyfriend. I’ve always assumed it’d because they’re stupid. Most of the time boys are dumb and rude. I don’t like them if they act like that. One thing is a few guys have acted chivalrous to me. Opening doors, paying for meals, helping me out with things are a few examples of doing so. Usually they’re super nice, since I’m friendly. My family is super protective of me. I occasionally do have the door opened. Once I had my hand about to open and this guy opened the door for me. A couple times guys and I ate out. Once he paid another we split. Listening to music calms me down a lot. My favorite type that calms me right down is hip hop. I love Airplanes by B.O.B. featuring Haylee Williams. I don’t mind other hip hop songs. I love dancing to it as well. It’s something that calms me down. Listening to the beat is awesome since I like music. Hip hop music has a special rhythm that I love and calms me down since I like listening to it. I’m technically left handed, although I use my right hand some times. I’m ambidextrous for texting, carrying things, using hand rails, opening doors, playing bocce and bowling. I’m right handed for throwing. I’m left handed for eating (usually) and writing. My purse I can carry on either shoulder since I’ve got a lump on my shoulder and it’s usually pretty easy to use on either shoulder. I love skateboarding. My family isn’t as supportive of me skateboarding since I’ve got uneven legs and I’ve got to try having my legs scrapped since I’m able to do it. Occasionally I’ve got to do my skateboarding and it’s nice to do for my weight management. I love it since I’m active, I love acting like a boy and am in sporty clothes so I can do it. Skateboarding is something I need to work on since I’ve got horrible balance. My mom isn’t super in favor of me skateboarding but since I’m able to do it if I practice and if I do it enough. I was once good enough at it I did it in flip flops (bad idea especially if you have foot issues). So I gave a talk in November. It was awesome since my family was there. Once I walked up everyone cheered. I was happy and should’ve said, “Do you feel the spirit in here?” It was awesome. When I finished I took a bow since I had to in order to finish. Everyone said “Great job” and tons of people were killing me with kindness when it came to finishing the talk. Many people were helping me: my mom, my aunt Jacquie (my mom’s sister and who I am named after) and 3 people from church including 1 from the bishopric. It was kind of torturous since my family didn’t WANT to be there but my mom dragged them all there. I love candy. I was “allergic” (mainly it’s a sensitivity) to chocolate. I love eating things like dots and Swedish fish since they’re vegan and don’t tend to trigger a reaction to it. A few weeks ago were mother’s day and I got a candy bar. My home teacher asked if I’d gotten 1. I yanked it out of my candy bar out of my bag. I am able to tolerate chocolate these days. I still have the reaction but it’s less severe. Once a mom of a returned missionary came up to me and introduced her son who had returned a few days prior. She said this was her son. I’d blankly stared at her until the chapter ended on the audio book I was reading (really I was listening to the book). I snapped out of it, met her son and nearly hung out with my friend. He got my number behind my back which freaked me out. It was flattering someone wanted my number and asked me out but could’ve warned me since I was completely blind sighted. I have my own YouTube channel. I usually blabber about whatever I want to talk about. Usually it’s about what I did during the week and anything interesting that happened to me during that time period. Sometimes it’ll be me while on vacation but usually it’s me at home. I usually have me in my videos. I only have my brother in 1 video since it was a clip at his bonfire party. It’s awesome since I had a party. I love painting my nails. My nails are 1 of the only 2 things that continue to grow. I usually paint them whenever I have time and especially if I have a special event: like a baptism or gave a talk. I told my mom, “I have to at least cut and wipe off the polish off my nails. They’re chipping and digging into the heels of my hands so…” My mom agreed and then told me to re-paint them since I was giving a talk and usually talk with my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment