Tuesday, June 19, 2018

gas

I’ve got bad gas since I’m vegetarian and it’s unfortunately making me gaseous. It’s mainly due to the fiber in the vegetarian and vegan things I eat. Once I ate cooked soy beans and then got horrible gas since the fiber in the soy beans was so high. I usually get gas and am ok since it’s not serious. Once I got the soybeans out of my system my bad gas went away. I usually have my bean and veggie burritos on a weekly basis and I love them. They’re healthy proteins, fill me up with fiber and help with my diabetes. The soy beans I added to a stir fry for easy vegan protein. I forgot they had the adverse effect of making me pass gas but at least the vegan protein it provided I liked since I was lacking it. When I said I wanted to list other vegan friendly proteins that we could eat I excluded tofu for 2 reasons: 1) we know it’s a protein and 2) many people assume it’s the main protein vegans and vegetarians eat. I included things such as: nuts (and its corresponding butters and milks), beans, dairy, eggs and grains (such as in oatmeal).

No comments:

Post a Comment