Wednesday, May 16, 2018

suprised

One day a girl was looking thru an old chest and she found an old letter. It was written in calligraphy. It read, Dear Sally, I’m writing this to tell you about my suicide. I’m sorry to tell you about it since I know I’m leaving everyone. I feel like I’m alone in the world. My family disowned me for being transgender and I’m without my family. Julie Smith She thought about the uncle who was disowned. Her uncle was disowned since he was transgender and no one was accepting of it. She wondered why her family hadn’t told her about her “aunt”. She asked about her “aunt” but they didn’t answer her. They pretended they didn’t hear her. She kept asking. The grandma said her “son” has died and they never spoke to him. The girl was so sad that she never got to know her “aunt.” The girl asked to see her “uncle’s” grave. The family refused since they didn’t know where it was. The girl looked up all the possible “Julie Smith’s” online. They found her. She was in an unmarked grave since she did commit suicide. The girl was so upset since she never learned when the “son” was born and passed away as a daughter. The family was unwilling to hold a proper funeral for the woman. The family refused to let the girl set up a proper funeral since she wasn’t a blood relative. A few years later the girl was able to do it without a problem and didn’t bother invite her family. They overheard and tried shutting it down. The state trooper refused to allow the family in. They said the girl had no right to rebury the woman in the family plot. The state trooper said it was in the same plot where the “Jane doe” was being laid to rest so there was no need to care. They were furious since they were taking their inheritance. The trooper explained that it was her money to do it. The family asked to talk with her after the service. She relented. She asked what they wanted. “Why are you reburying the person we excommunicated?” her family asked. “Because she’s my aunt and I love her. You have every right to be pissed off at me but I’m doing what’s right for her,” Sally said. The family excommunicated her as well. She didn’t mind since they hadn’t called her since graduating college. The mom wondered about her “brother” and asked the parents. They were trans-phobic. They asked about why a person would want to change their gender. The mom asked the daughter to teach her about transgender people. The girl explained that some people are: gay, straight, bisexual and transgender. Other people aren’t attracted to anyone. Most people aren’t LGBTQ but it’s something in them. They also don’t have the same rights and it’s OK since it’s not them. The mom said, “Wow I’m surprised about it.” She wanted to learn about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment