Wednesday, May 16, 2018

One day

There was a woman who was living her life. Her name was sally. She was estranged from her family since she came out as transgender. One day she got a phone call. It was from her brother Louis. It was about their parents. “What do they want now that they haven’t wanted from me that they haven’t gotten out of their system?” she asked referring to the last time they saw her the day she came out as transgender. “Sally, they’re dead,” Louis said. “Not funny,” she retorted. “Sally, their funeral is in a week. I’d love it if you came,” Louis said, “you can stay at my place. I’ve got a nice studio apartment in the basement of my place. It would mean a lot to me if you came.” “I’ll think about it,” Sally relenting. She did think about it for a few days and decided to go. “Aunt Sally,” her Brother Louis’ kids greeted her. “Hi rug rats … I mean kids,” Sally said, “hi Louis. Where’s Jo?” “She’s at the store. Let me show you to your bedroom. Kids, get out of the way of your Aunt Sally’s suitcase. Can you let us have a minute alone? Kids,” Louis said. “Yeah I can’t relate,” Sally said, “transgender and all?” “Right, this way,” he said, “I’m glad you came here Sally.” “Same… I guess,” Sally said dully. “You ok?” he asked. “Well I haven’t exactly been back here since…. Well you know,” she explained. “Right; Yeah I’m sorry for that,” he said. “I’m not surprised you all didn’t accept me. It seemed like it came out of nowhere,” she said. “I’m so sorry Sally. I’d like to make up for it. My wife was explaining to me that people who come from traditional families aren’t as accepting and that many people are who they are. I’d like that to change between us, Sally. I’ve already called Lucy and Shane and they’ve come around somewhat,” Louis explained. “That’s nice but I’m living the best life I can right now. Maybe I can take some time off, not right now since I’m in the middle of a modeling contract but maybe in the future to try and be a real family,” Sally said, “Sorry mom and dad had to die in order for us all to come back together. “I’d like that, maybe you can come and take care of my kids some times,” Louis said. “Of course; I’d love to reconnect to you all,” Sally exclaimed. In the end Sally, Louis, Shane and Lucy all kept in contact. They weren’t the perfect family but they had a better understanding of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment