Saturday, May 19, 2018

my long curly hair

My hair is my pride and joy. I love it so much. I take care of it like it’s my baby. I love my hair. I often try new things and my hair styles are no exception. I got my hair cut a month ago and love it. Unfortunately, my hair grows like a weed and its back to the length it was prior to the cut. Also it’s curly so my hair is long and curly and super hard to tame the unruly mess. I wonder why I wasn’t born with long straight Asian hair. I’m born with curls. Not that I don’t love my hair curly I need my hair straighter so I can do more with it than put it in a bun, a pony tail and a head band. I’ve tried straightening it or combing it while wet so it stays straight but it’ll curl the minute it’s dry. I have long bangs. Technically, they’re side bangs but I can braid it so my bangs are long. While I played sports, if my hair was long I tied it back and have ponytails a lot. I loved having my hair long as a kid. I like having my hair as long as it needs to be. My mom said she didn’t get her hair cut as often when she was my age so I’m now forced to have long hair. After my 1st year at university I got my hair cut. A month after I was baptized I got my hair cut. 18 months later I got it trimmed. I love my hair. It’s 1 of the main things I can do to change my appearance. I do my nails but my hair is my pride and joy. I love it more than my nails. I’m often trying out new styles and hair do’s. On my 18th birthday I got myself a new hairdo. It’s a nice gift to me. I loved it. I had to say goodbye to the hair dyed girl I was in high school. I once went months from getting my hair cut in elementary school. Then I had my hair tied when I slept. Something I’ve got to do since my hair is so unruly. Since its super curly I’ve tried to “tame it”. I’ve tried straightening it, pulling it into a bun, wearing headbands, etc. I like having my hair in messy buns as well. Once I had tons of ear jewelry and it’s awesome. I’ve also tried the Elsa braid. It didn’t work since my hair was short at the time. When my hair is in a bun it’s usually in a messy bun since it’s still pretty long and super curly. The ear jewelry I have is earrings (real and fake). Once in church I had 3 earrings in 1 ear (2 real 1 fake) and my hair was in a messy bun and it’s awesome. Of course someone noticed my ear candy. It wasn’t a problem since it wasn’t brought up but my hair can hide earrings but since I like my hair in a bun it’s harder to hide my jewelry. Curly hair is awesome. I love it, despite me wanting it to be straight. I like my hair long and down often. Although when I’m out and about I’m usually having my hair up. Even in church, I’ll have my hair in a bun. Course my hair is super long and curly it’s hard to control a lot. I also tend to use a lot of shampoo on my hair (length and thickness and all). Plus I’ve got bad dandruff so using a ton of dandruff shampoo is super important to maintaining my hair. Even if I cut my hair super short and get a ton of the thickness cut off my hair will grow back to within an inch of its former length within 6 weeks. My long hair is the result of getting it cut super short as often as I can. I often need my hair to be short: college kid and being a tomboy. When I get my hair cut it’ll be itchy for a day and then it’ll be fine. My long hair is super hard to maintain.

No comments:

Post a Comment