Sunday, April 5, 2015

prom

the day of prom i was recovering from a blood sugar attack. everyone was excited to see Jevan (me and my BEST friend Evan) at prom together. the weeks prior everyone wanted to see us together (namely see if he would say yes to prom). they also wanted to know our colors. i had lunch with my step-father at a sushi place -Yo yogi's my favorite; we'd gotten my boutonniere for Evan minutes earlier. my other friend Emily given me a make over. she had me do all this stuff just for Jevan's prom night. my step-dad dropped off the boys (my brothers) and Emily. i promised Emily a detailed account the next day. i was riding in a "stretch van" which was just our mini van. I'd gotten into Jeff's car. Jeff is my step-dad. unfortunately, it was a low seat so i wasn't sure where we were. we walked up Evan's driveway (we'd parked on the street) so i was nervous. but not as nervous as he was. I'll get to that later in the story. so what I'd said when i walked in was, "where's Ev.... whoa." because i couldn't see him from my vantage point when walking into the house. i have to say, he looked hot we walked in. i gave him the boutonniere to Evan saying, por vous. (por vous means for you in french) his mom got out my courage and gave it to me. the parents (my mom, step-dad and Evan's) went to work on pinning it on him while i slid my thing on my wrist. we then took pictures. mom would NEVER have let me walk outta the house without pictures before prom. we then went to Sakura's, the restaurant Evan chose. we ordered. unfortunately, that's when my blood ran low. we got our drinks and i was like, "yay fake sugar." i decided i needed my pill. i reached for my purse. unfortunately, Evan did too. why? because as he puts it "he's a gentleman." right then a large group on NWHS kids came in. when they saw us some said hi and how pretty i looked. we had our dinners and then we talked with some of the kids from NWHS. the boys went cra cra over me. as Evan's dad put it "Evan was a lemming." when we left i turned my arm and did a 3 finger wave and said, "bye boys." again they went cra cra. we chilled at Evan's house for a bit. Evan and his parents did some stuff. i decided to check my phone for any messages. there were a few from mom. minor prom tips. Evan and his dad came back and i reported what Evan's mom was doing. Evan, his dad and i sat at the dining room table talking about the boutonniere and corsage combo. then Evan wants to sit next to me and got nervous to do so .... in his own house. Evan's mom got back and we went to prom. Jevan got into prom, got our pics taken and voted prom king and queen. after that we barely spent 3 songs together. we WERE there as friends. we danced 1 slow song together. twice we were told, "we were cute together." several times i was told how pretty i was. it was nice to see Evan happy. when they announced the king and queen was the slow song. i decided to walk around and when i saw Evan and the teachers i was like, "hide me." too bad they saw me and i did the walk of shame. after that song we danced solo. we ran into each other a few minutes before we were to get picked up. we danced a few songs later. at after prom we took silly pictures in a photo strip (the funny thing was that EVAN took up 99% of the space) and got a caricature together. he and I acted silly the night away. did i mention Evan was hot? he was. not many guys do in suits. he does. for some reason my mom suggested we (Evan and i) wear red and black to prom with our courage and boutonniere be a red rose. i had to have my nails (fingers and toes) be red. i opted to have a black design it. the boutonniere had fewer baby's breath on it than the corsage. because of my freakishly small wrist and hand it fit easily. Evan spent increasing amounts of time with me prior to prom. he argued that were team mates. that explained 97% of the time. what about the senior banquet?

No comments:

Post a Comment