Monday, July 2, 2018

Muscle spasms

When I was about 18 months old I'd started having these episodes where I'd lose control of 2 extremities. Years later I told my mom I'm tired and collapsed and my mom said it was holding a kid on a string. At the age of 5 (right after we'd gotten 1 of my brothers out if the NICU) I was admitted to the ER. I spent the night there and the doctors performed a battery of tests but couldn't find anything. At age 12 I was re-tested for epilepsy but nothing came of it. A year later I was diagnosed with scoliosis and my dad, who's a doctor found a lump on my shoulder. When my back was x-rayed it was found out to be true: I've got a lump on my arm and scoliosis. Age 16 I was recommended to take flexiral 3x a day but my parents were like no way. Also my dad thinks my muscle spasms and back are linked. Thankfully by: losing weight and changing my diet have helped my muscle spasms but I still live in fear from the childhood trauma of bullying and being unsure who I can trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment